October 30, 2013

Sneek Peek of an Advanced Scroll Saw Project I'm Starting On

Today I'm starting production on my next YouTube scroll saw project.




It's a big wall hanging grandfather clock: 


I got the pattern, clock parts, and wide 1/4" red oak for the project from Wildwood Designs.

There are a LOT of inside cuts to this project.  Patience is key here.  I'll spend the better half of an afternoon, cutting the patterns out of the blue prints, selecting the wood grain I want them to sit on, creasing hard lines for the patterns to match up to the factory flat edges of the boards and prepping the stack-cutable items to save time later. 

You just have to take a project like this one piece, one hole, one cut at a time and not rush yourself.  Before you know it, you'll have a beautiful part cut out and be able to move on to the next one.


This clock could take a month if one only spent a weekend at a time on it.  I'm going to try to cut it out, finish, and assemble it in less time.  Two to three weeks is do-able for me I think.


We'll see ;-)


Here's the finished product Wildwood Designs shows:

http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/Wall-Hanging-Grandfather-Clock-Plan-P3427.aspx





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you. toolsadvisors.com

    ReplyDelete