April 13, 2013

Low 40's won't stop my planting now!

Here's a little preview of my next video and what I've been up to:


We've got another round of low 40's and high 30 degree lows scheduled for the middle of next week.


I think we'll be ready. ;-)  Once I got the sheeting on I popped a thermometer inside with the side curtains down and it jumped from 65 to 88 in about 5 minutes.  If you're going to do a greenhouse you must have a way to get air circulating during the day when the sun is out.

The tomato planting has already started.  We put in almost 20 today, we're in zone 7b by the way, and still need to do our Rutgers, plus our Pepper plants, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, cantaloupe, & more.

I put a good knot in my back while leaning over and trying to get the ridge line level on the second bed by myself, so I'd recommend having some help... and a bottle of ibuprofen handy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment